REFRESHING YOUR HOME DECOR
It's always rewarding to rearrange what we have already, bringing new energy into a space let's you see things in a new way.
- Don't go overboard
- Don't make big rash changes for a refresh. It doesn't have to be about a season or event. It should happen when inspiration strikes.
- Shop Your Home
- Layout of the room should be practical first, then beautiful. If the room is already functional is there a new energy that can be created by using side tables as a night stand or a console as a setup bar ? Best design comes by layers assembled overtime.
- Play With Accessories
- Moving smallest things makes a huge impact. Move around mirrors, night lamps, pillow, art work. Rug is an extremly effective way to change feel of the room.
- Edit, Edit, Edit
- Look at each piece and ask yourself is it contributing to the story to tell to this place ? Does it have sentimental values ? Does it make me Smile ? It's important to donate or sell these pieces in your space because you have to give the pieces you do love to breathe in the room.
- Incorporate Texture & Something Green
- Texture is like adding personality to the room. drapes, shags, pillows with pattern etc., add texture to the room. Adding plants and Flowers make a space feel alive. They just make you breath a little different.
As always remember to have fun with your project.
DO YOU WANT TO GET STARTED ON YOUR PROJECT?